After a car wash exploded in Mt. Morris, Michigan, residents are still trying to settle back into their lives. A restaurant was destroyed, and a family is living in a tent because their house, rattled off its foundation, was deemed unsafe. The car wash, meanwhile, is way beyond repair.
MLive.com reports on the latest aftermath of the July 13 natural gas eruption of On The Spot Auto Wash outside Flint, Michigan. The family living in the tent is working with its insurer to make arrangements, but they’ve already been living outside for a month.
According to MLive.com:
the front windows were blown out of the 1 Stop Gas Station across the street, and several houses on each side of the car wash also experienced damage. Authorities believe that a natural gas line caused the explosion, but they do not yet know the ignition point and will not know until the rubble is cleared.