you're reading...

Word to the wise: Careful with those plug-in vacuums


A car wash business in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, burned down because a customer (or somebody) was using a hand vacuum that plugs into the cigarette lighter, which caught fire. That’s the most likely cause of the blaze, according to police who spoke to the news station WHTM.

But there was also a big contributing factor to the extent of the devastation. The fire might not have taken out the building, and it might not have affected the building at all — except that the woman whose car caught fire then pulled the car into a car wash bay to try to extinguish the flames. Must have seemed like a good idea at the time: Car’s on fire, just wash the car. It didn’t work out that way.

Police said there may have been “explosive materials” inside the car wash that ignited when the burning vehicle was pulled inside, but they’re not too sure on that. The facility also had an apartment on the second floor. That person is now homeless for the time being.

Moral of the story (go figure): “Police warn drivers not to pull a burning vehicle into any structure. They say to keep it as far away as possible from any other structure to keep the fire from spreading while you call the police.”



No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Wolford Communications

Complete Car Wash Marketing Services

ADVERTISE WITH US: Want to reach hundreds of car wash and detailing businesses? Place your ad here!

Enter your email address to follow The Car Wash Business Blog and receive the latest updates by email.

Latest Car Wash Business Blog Tweets

%d bloggers like this: